Friday, August 3, 2007

She who creates Harry, video clips

Below you can view video of J. K. Rowling reading the opening chapter of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows at Midnight on the day the book was released. Kind of cool--the ultimate author's fantasy come true. And below that a brief, interesting interview with the author.

I've tried, over and over, to post what I thought was the best video interview with Rowling that I could find, from a British TV show called Richard and Judy, but somehow there seem to be certain videos that won't transfer. You should be able to find the show by following this link.

Also you can see what an excellent illustrator Rowling herself is, if you look at this section of the A&E Biography of Rowling. I can't help but thinking that she's a superior illustrator to the one used in the U.S. editions of her books. It's a shame that her drawings are not used in the books. They remind me a little of the work of Edward Gorey.

No comments: